[Haskell-cafe] Need urgent help with Network.tls

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Sat Feb 23 23:35:55 CET 2013

On 02/23/2013 03:28 PM, C K Kashyap wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Haskell to download email/attachments from gmail. For
> which I am exploring Network.TLS. I got this sample from the net that
> connects to gmail smtp and works just fine -
> http://hpaste.org/82890
Your example look odd,

Typically you would either:

* connect directly using tls (usually using the standard "secure"
service port)
* or connect to the normal service port, do a basic handshake with the
server, tell that you're going to switch the connection with STARTTLS,
and use tls.

but you will not use both methods in the same connection.

Hope that helps,
--
Vincent