[Haskell-cafe] Subject: ANNOUNCE: grid-3.0.1 (tile maps for board games or maths)

Amy de Buitléir amy at nualeargais.ie
Mon Feb 18 13:41:07 CET 2013

I'm happy to announce a new major release of the grid package:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/grid
    https://github.com/mhwombat/grid/wiki (wiki)

WHAT'S NEW:

Functions for reporting the boundary and centre of bounded grid have been added,
along with some miscellaneous new utility functions. IMPORTANT: The order of
parameters for some functions has changed to make it easier to use them with map
and fold operations.

ABOUT GRID:
Grid provides tools for working with regular arrangements of tiles, such as
might be used in a board game or self-organising map (SOM). Grid currently
supports triangular, square, and hexagonal tiles, with various 2D and toroidal
layouts. If you need a tile shape or layout that isn't currently provided,
please let me know. See Math.Geometry.Grid for an example of how to use the
package. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.