[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: graphviz-2999.16.0.0

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 05:54:57 CET 2013

I'm pleased to announce that I've finally tracked down all the pesky
little bugs that prevented me from releasing version 2999.16.0.0 of my
graphviz library, that helps you use the Graphviz suite of tools to
visualise graphs.

The important changes are:

* Add support for Graphviz-2.30.0:

    - New attributes:

        + `Area`
        + `Head_LP`
        + `LayerListSep`
        + `LayerSelect`
        + `Tail_LP`
        + `XLP`

    - `BgColor`, `Color` and `FillColor` now take a list of colors
      with optional weightings.

    - Layer handling now supports layer sub-ranges.

    - Added the voronoi-based option to `Overlap`.

    - Added the `Striped` and `Wedged` styles.

* Updates to attributes and their values:

    - The following attributes have had their values changed to better
      reflect what they represent:

        + `FontPath` takes a `Path` value.

        + `Layout` takes a `GraphvizCommand` (and thus
          `GraphvizCommand` has been moved to
          `Data.GraphViz.Attributes.Complete`).

    - Added `MDS` to `Model` (which had somehow been overlooked).

    - Various attributes now have defaults added/updated/removed if
      wrong.

    - Removed the following deprecated attributes:

        + `ShapeFile`

        + `Z`

* Now any value that has a defined default can be parsed when the Dot
  code just has `attribute=""` (which `dot -Tcanon` is fond of doing
  to "reset" attributes).

* `GraphvizCommand` now defines `Sfdp` (which had somehow been
  overlooked up till now).

* The `canonicalise` and related functions have been re-written;
  whilst there might be some cases where their behaviour does not
  fully match how `dot -Tcanon` and `tred` behave (due to the
  interaction of various attributes), the new implementation is much
  more sane.

* Use temporary files rather than pipes when running dot, etc.

    Makes it more portable, and also avoids issues where dot, etc. use
    100% CPU when a graph is passed in via stdin.

    Original patch by Henning Thielemann.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com