[Haskell-cafe] performance question

Nicolas Bock nicolasbock at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:32:18 CET 2013

Since I have very little experience with Haskell and am not used to
Haskell-think yet, I don't quite understand your statement that regexes are
seen as foreign to Haskell-think. Could you elaborate? What would a more
"native" solution look like? From what I have learned so far, it seems to
me that Haskell is a lot about clear, concise, and well structured code. I
find regexes extremely compact and powerful, allowing for very concise
code, which should fit the bill perfectly, or shouldn't it?

Thanks,

nick