[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2013

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:31:33 CET 2013

Hi all,

Summer of code has always been a good way for us to get some important
work, that no one has time to do, done. I encourage everyone to come up
with good summer of code projects so we have a good number when the time
for students to apply comes around. Empirically projects that focus on
existing infrastructure (e.g. Cabal) work well. They limit the scope enough
for students to 1) make something that's impacts lots of people and 2)
doesn't give them too much rope*.

* Building something good from scratch requires lots of experience,
something most students don't have, almost per definition.

-- Johan