[Haskell-cafe] [Announcement] HsLlvm v0.1: Using Hoopl to optimize LLVM Code

Ning Wang email at ningwang.org
Mon Feb 11 09:53:45 CET 2013

Hi all,

It is my dream for years to be able to manipulate LLVM in type safe
language. I has explored the possibility of reimplementing LLVM in
Haskell with Hoopl and made a small step to realize this dream. I am
writing to announce the release of HsLlvm v0.1, which is a pure Haskell
implementation (Not LLVM C++ binding) of LLVM. It is available through
the link below.

https://github.com/mlite/HsLlvm

Hightlight of this release:
- Support LLVM 3.1 syntax
- LLVM normalization
- Dominator, mem2reg, DCE passes

Project goals:
- port all LLVM optimizations
- provide functionalities to generate and manipulate LLVM code.

Since LLVM is a complex IR and there are many sophisticated
optimizations, this job won't be easy.  Your contribution would be of
value to eventually achieve this goal.

Cheers,
Ning