[Haskell-cafe] ghc-mod and cabal targets

Francesco Mazzoli f at mazzo.li
Fri Feb 8 14:33:57 CET 2013

At Fri, 08 Feb 2013 22:18:20 +0900 (JST),
Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) wrote:

> > The ‘kant’ package is the package I’m developing and using ghc-mod on.
>
> Yes. I understand it.
>
> > It includes both a library and an executable.  The executable target
> > has ‘kant’ as a dependency.
>
> What I asked is whether or not the "kant" library is installed by
> cabal.

Well installing it has the big problem that each time I make a change to the
interface I have to manually re-install, and this happens often since I’m in an
early stage...

> To edit a Haskell file for the "kant" executable, the current ghc-mod
> needs to find the "kant" library in global or user.

Right, but this is surely doable since cabal handles the situation fine.  In
general it seems that ghc-mod should work with cabal when it can.

> I guess this bug does not exist in ghc-mod v1.11.1.

I’ll try with that.

Francesco