[Haskell-cafe] ghc-mod and cabal targets

CJ van den Berg cj at vdbonline.com
Fri Feb 8 11:39:19 CET 2013

On 08/02/13 11:20, Francesco Mazzoli wrote:
> At Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:11:06 +0100,
> CJ van den Berg wrote:
>> To keep ghc-mod happy, you also have to keep ghci happy. What you
>> probably need is a .ghci file in the directory with a ":set -isrc" line
>> in it. You may also need to add other stuff to .ghci such as language
>> extensions and whatever else is needed to load your project with ghci.
>
> I had tried to do that (actually I had modified ‘ghc-ghc-options’, but the
> result should be the same), but it doesn’t fix the issue - and I don’t see why
> it should, since the problem here is about not satisfying a package dependency.

I downloaded your package and tried it. It does work.

Kant.REPL, which it is trying to load, is in the kant package. So it is
looking for either the installed kant package, or the source files for
the kant package modules.

How is that not a package dependency? Telling it where to find the
source files will remove the need to find an installed kant package.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj at vdbonline.com
xmpp:neurocyte at gmail.com