[Haskell-cafe] Video! Duncan Coutts on Cloud Haskell

Theo theo.england at skillsmatter.com
Tue Feb 5 13:35:55 CET 2013

Back in October 2012 Well-Typed and Haskell expert Duncan Coutts delivered
a talk on 'Cloud Haskell' at the 2K12 edition of the Haskell eXchange.

Cloud Haskell takes Erlang's successful approach to distributed concurrency
and implements it in Haskell as a library. We will look at what this means
and what possibilities it opens up. You should also get a flavour of what
distributed programming in Haskell is like.

The initial Cloud Haskell idea and a prototype implementation were
introduced last year. Since then we have been working on a new from-scratch
implementation with a focus on robustness and flexibility

Watch the video on the Skills Matter website - http://bit.ly/VB9tcy