[Haskell-cafe] linking errors while compile hugs98 in macos

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 06:19:01 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM, Junior White <efiish at gmail.com> wrote:

> So that lua best fits the rule very well, but i like haskell much more.
> After doing some research, I find in the haskell world, there is a hugs
> fits my  demands. I'm sad to know that no one is maintaining hugs any more.
> I asking someone to keep develop on it, if no one, can I do it myself?

Probably you could, but the effort needed might be significant.  In
particular fixing things like environ.... see
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/attachments/2591/ruby-changes.patch for the kind
of change you'll need to make, although I have to say the way they chose to
do it is risky at best (but sadly typical).  Probably something similar for
other missing symbols; feel free to ask me for help in private email.