[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Laborantin: experimentation framework

lucas di cioccio lucas.dicioccio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 18:13:29 UTC 2013

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the pointers.

It is interesting to see that Braincurry and Laborantin have similar
designs although we come from very different application domains. You've
picked paths that I was not sure to explore (e.g., have experiment
parameters be a parameterizable datatype rather than a value in a
pre-defined datatype).
I didn't think about enabling algebraic composition of "experiments". It
looks like I can incorporate this idea in Laborantin too as a way to
"combine" setup/run/teardown hooks. I'll definitely have a second look at
Braincurry but first I'll have to read the 2nd paper.

One thing I really would like to support is a way to "inject experiments"
into another system and run experiments "live". For instance, A/B testing
web pages in a Warp application.

BayesHive looks very nice! congrats.

Enjoy a nice year 2014 and best wishes,
--Lucas