[Haskell-cafe] (automatically) adding import statements in vim

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 18:30:32 UTC 2013

Hi Adam,

> You may also be interested in Halberd[1][2] which uses hs-gen-iface[3] to
> do automatically insert missing imports by finding modules with the
> desired names. It does not have a vim plugin yet, but I imagine a
> simplistic one should be easy to make.

If I'm getting this correctly, than Halberd uses some kind of static database, right?

I think the nice approach of 'vim-hsimport' is, that by using 'hdevtools' in
conjunction with a 'cabal sandbox', only the modules of the packages are considered,
which your project depends on, and this information is dynamically "established"
by 'hdevtools' reading the package database of the 'cabal sandbox'.

But I have to confess, that hsimport/vim-hsimport are still in a quite early stage.

Greetings,
Daniel