[Haskell-cafe] Building PanDoc for iOS target, but failed in Haskell Template requirement by 'aeson' package

Joe joe at interare.com
Mon Dec 23 11:51:29 UTC 2013

Hi, I've been trying to cross-compile PanDoc for iOS target for the last few days. I have been quite successfull from building stage-1 GHC for iOS target and many packages dependencies required by PanDoc until I see that 'aeson' package require Haskell Template which is not supported in cross compilation.

As pointed in iOS CrossCompiling Wiki page, it seems that Template Haskell doesn't work yet and still in wish list.

Is there any hack or workaround to be able to cross-compile 'aeson' package for iOS target? Can I compile 'aeson' without Haskell Template? Anybody know when Template Haskell in CrossCompiling for iOS will be added?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Joe