[Haskell-cafe] Abstracting configuration directories

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Thu Dec 19 17:15:09 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 01:40 AM, Tim C. Schroeder wrote:
> I think this is what you're looking for:
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/directory-1.2.0.1/docs/System-Directory.html#g:2

getAppUserDataDirectory will give me the user's configuration directory
(ala $HOME/.htsnrc), but not the global one (whatever I'm supposed to
use instead of /etc on Windows).

A non-default config is necessary for the application to work at all, so
it would be nice to be able to install one globally (so each user
doesn't have to copy the example and modify it). Then again, until my
patches allowing cabal to emit electric shocks are accepted, that may
just have to be the punishment for using Windows.