[Haskell-cafe] Building applications with profiling

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 01:14:17 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I want to profile the Yi text editor. A quick look on the Haskell wiki
suggests that I need --enable-executable-profiling, however enabling
that complains that the yi libraries weren't built with profiling.
Additionally enabling --enable-library-profiling allows me to recompile
the libs but at the very end I get an error about ‘mtl’ not having been
built with profiling.

>src/library/Yi/Boot.hs:9:8:
>    Could not find module `Control.Monad.State'
>    Perhaps you haven't installed the profiling libraries for package
>`mtl-2.1.2'?
>    Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

I can't really recompile mtl with profiling considering that just about
every single package on my system seems to depend on it and they would
(probably?) all break.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach the problem? Am I
doing it all wrong?

Thanks
--
Mateusz K.