[Haskell-cafe] GLUT, FLGW, FLGW-b

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 21:26:48 UTC 2013

The GLFW-b package only depends on base and bindings-GLFW.

The GLFW package depends on base and the OpenGL Haskell package.

I often use the Haskell OpenGLRaw package instead of OpenGL. Mostly because
OpenGLRaw matches the C API for OpenGL. That's nice when you're following
documentation as it's almost always for the C API. So then I save myself
the step of translating from C OpenGL to the Haskell OpenGL package
conventions.

I could probably still use OpenGLRaw with GLFW, but it's an unnecessary
dependency. I also know that GLFW-b installs cleanly just using cabal on
Windows, OSX, and Linux. I don't recall if GLFW has that property. I think
it might require you to install the C GLFW library separately.

I hope that helps,
Jason