[Haskell-cafe] GLFW/GLFW-b ambiguity

Vlad Lopatin madjestic13 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 08:42:28 UTC 2013

Hey guys,

I am messing with OpenGL and here's the question:

GLFW-b is supposed to be based on GLFW and extend it.  How come GLFW-b
naming is ambiguous with GLFW?  GLFW-b main module is named the same as
GLFW (import Graphics.UI.GLFW), making it necessary to hide one of the
libraries via ghc-pkg hide, or to use a language extension in order to
solve ambiguity.  I am tempted to consider it a bug, unless somebody knows
a good reason for it to be called a feature.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Vladimir