[Haskell-cafe] Does anyone use ghc-mod with Yesod?

Carlo Hamalainen carlo at carlo-hamalainen.net
Tue Dec 10 08:02:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been using ghc-mod (via ghcmod-vim) recently and it's fantastic
but I can't get it to work on one of my Yesod projects. This is what
happens on a minimal scaffolded Yesod project:

$ yesod init  # create project Foo, sqlite, no other options
$ cd Foo
$ cabal install  # builds ok, no issues
$ ghc-mod check Handler/Home.hs
Handler/Home.hs:0:0:Error:<command line>: cannot satisfy -package yesod-test
    (use -v for more information)

I've reported the error on github [1] but I was wondering if anyone here
had a workaround, maybe using cabal-dev or sandboxing or something?

Carlo Hamalainen
http://carlo-hamalainen.net

[1] https://github.com/kazu-yamamoto/ghc-mod/issues/170