[Haskell-cafe] PhD position at Ghent University

Tom Schrijvers tom.schrijvers at ugent.be
Mon Dec 2 20:14:47 UTC 2013

The Programming Languages Group of Ghent University (UGent) invites
applicants for a PhD position on the project Reasoning about Coroutines
under the direction of Tom Schrijvers. The project concerns reasoning
techniques (like type systems and program analysis) for coroutines in its
many forms (like delimited continuations and effect handlers). It is
conducted in collaboration with the declarative languages group of KU
Leuven university and our international partners.

We seek applicants at an international level of excellence. As a successful
applicant, you have a master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Ideally, you also have a strong, documented interest in doing research.
Strong problem-solving and programming skills are essential. Prior
knowledge of functional programming, logic programming, type systems or
program analysis are an advantage.

The PhD position is for 4 years and starts between January and October
2014. The position is fully funded by the Fund for Scientific Research
Flanders (FWO). The salary is compatible with other Belgian PhD rates and
among the better ones in Europe and abroad.

You will become part of UGent's dynamic and growing Programming Languages
Group. UGent is one of the major universities in the Dutch-speaking region
of Europe. It distinguishes itself as a socially committed and pluralistic
university in a broad international perspective. Our university is located
in the beautiful city of Ghent, which is one of Europe’s greatest
discoveries, according to Lonely Planet.

Please direct your inquiries and applications by e-mail to Tom Schrijvers <
tom.schrijvers at ugent.be>, principal investigator on this project.

To apply, send as soon as possible:
1) a letter of interest (including motivation relevant to the research
topic),
2) your detailed curriculum vitae (including study curriculum rankings,
relevant research experience and publications),
3) your diploma and transcripts (including translation if possible).

We will determine the start date together with the selected candidate.

See here for more information:
* http://users.ugent.be/~tschrijv/phdposition3.html
* http://users.ugent.be/~tschrijv/research.html
* http://www.ugent.be/en/research/doctoralresearch

--
prof. dr. ir. Tom Schrijvers

Programming Languages Group
Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Ghent

Krijgslaan 281 S9
9000 Gent
Belgium