[Haskell-cafe] Template Haskell and Unit

Jose A. Lopes jabolopes at google.com
Thu Aug 29 17:08:59 CEST 2013

> I can't answer about "expected behavior", but I can say that those
> two constructions should be considered identical by the $(…) splice
> construct. For better or worse, Template Haskell often offers
> multiple ways of encoding the same source Haskell phrase, and any
> code that processes Template Haskell syntax should probably treat
> the two constructs equivalently.

I am not sure I agree that those two constructions should be
identical.  The Unit type is just a normal type with a single
inhabitant: the unit value.  How is this related to tuples ?

Jose

--
Jose Antonio Lopes
Ganeti Engineering

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores
Steuernummer: 48/725/00206
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE813741370