[Haskell-cafe] MongoDB single insertions super slow

Kyle Hanson hanooter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 21:56:55 CEST 2013

I am trying to write a simple benchmark of testing 1000 single inserts in
mongodb, but doing single insertions is super slow. It takes nearly 40
seconds to perform these operations with the haskell mongodb driver, but
under a second to perform the same number of operations of single inserts
in python.

Here are the two files I am working with:

https://gist.github.com/hansonkd/6263648

I checked the BSON serialization, and writing it to a socket instead of
mongodb driver, makes the script run in under a second so the problem seems
to be with the mongodb driver.

Any insights would be appreciated.

--
Kyle Hanson