[Haskell-cafe] Renumbered mailing list posts

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Aug 12 14:15:04 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 10.08.2013, 10:49 +0200 schrieb Henning Thielemann:
> Recently I found that links from Google search results to archive
> Haskell-Cafe messages are invalid. The messages are still there, but got
> a different number. E.g. the search result says:
>    http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2011-February/089455.html
>
> But the message is at
>    http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2011-February/088146.html
>
> Also links from Haskell-Wiki articles to the Haskell-Cafe archive are
> invalid now. This is very very very bad, since I used tons of such URLs
> in Wiki articles and it is very hard to find the message I referred to,
> if the URL does not work anymore.

happens with mailman/pipermail occasionally. It is more reliable to link
to message ids, e.g. via gmame:
http://mid.gmane.org/4D779F63.9050506%40irit.fr (random example from my browser history)

lists.debian.org also allows links with message ids:
http://lists.debian.org/20120408083121.GB9680@flashgordon (another random example)
but I don’t know if this is an easy to enable standard mailman feature.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner