[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Platform and Leksah on Windows

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 21:50:53 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Dorin Lazar <dorin.lazar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was also in awe of the fact that nobody really says anything about
> these difficulties, and felt like an estranged child that messed
> things up badly; however, it seems that the real issue is that nobody
> really does it that way, and I was wrong to actually try it like that.

There's nothing wrong with trying that -- it's a very common temptation for
developers coming from other languages.  I use Eclipse extensively when
writing Java, for the reason's you've mentioned and I was dissapointed when
I couldn't find anything similar for Haskell, unfortunately, there still
just isn't such an IDE for Haskell yet.  Leskah, EclipseFP, FP Haskell
Center, etc... are starting points, but they are still lacking in some
areas.

I think most of us just use a (relatively fancy) text editor, and cabal (or
cabal-dev, cab, capri, etc...).  You're not likely to find features like
refactoring tools or content assist in an easy-to-install Haskell
environment right now.

--Rogan