[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Platform and Leksah on Windows

Vagif Verdi vagif.verdi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 20:43:58 CEST 2013

While your friend is wrong to blame haskell on his leksah installation
problems i think the culprit here is the leksah web site.
It misinforms users saying that leksah runs on windows. It's like Blizzard
saying Diablo 3 runs on linux because there are reports of linux users
successfully running Diablo 3 with wine and some winetricks wodoo.

Leksah is a linux program intented to run on linux. You can (in some cases)
successfully install and run it on windows, but you would need to go
through certain steps installing some unrelated to windows software (gtk
etc)

I would recommend leksah maintainers to change the language on their
website to prevent future problems like this.

Currently the only more or less full featured haskell IDEs legitimately
running on windows are EclipseFP and perhaps abandoned VS plugin.