[Haskell-cafe] Alternative name for return

damodar kulkarni kdamodar2000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 16:09:43 CEST 2013

> "It is intuitive" has no other discernable meaning than "*I* am familiar
> with it, or something very much like it."

Thanks for pointing this out, I was not able to point my thoughts in this
direction.

But I still have a doubt: if my familiarity doesn't come in the form of
some "analogy", then my acquired intuition about "it" would be of little
use. In fact, it may well be misleading. Am I correct?

If so, the best we can hope is the name-giver to describe, as explicitly as
possible, the "analogy" (sort of a thought process) he/she had had in
his/her mind while giving a particular name to a given concept?
It will help others to share *at least some amount of* of intuition
(analogy) the originator had had.

Are such thoughts documented in this case?

Thanks and regards,
-Damodar Kulkarni