[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: tasty, a new testing framework

John Wiegley johnw at fpcomplete.com
Tue Aug 6 20:40:50 CEST 2013

> I am pleased to announce the first release of tasty, a new testing framework
> for Haskell. It is meant to be a successor to test-framework (which is
> unmaintained).

It would be nice to see a comparison of the various test frameworks and why
one might select one over another.  I use hspec currently (which also
integrates with HUnit, QuickCheck, etc.), and couldn't tell at a glance what
tasty might offer.  And I particularly dislike writing tests inside of a
gigantic list; I much prefer the "monadic" style of hspec.

--
John Wiegley
FP Complete                         Haskell tools, training and consulting