[Haskell-cafe] Alternative name for return

Jerzy Karczmarczuk jerzy.karczmarczuk at unicaen.fr
Tue Aug 6 10:40:34 CEST 2013

What about X, Y, Z, ...

We have seen this discussion already a long time ago. The terms "unit"
and "result" have been proposed. And others. Somebody (I forgot who)
advocated even the name "monad" in this context. And this might have
continued forever...

With all my respect, I see that Haskell reached finally the Noble Domain
of Philosophy. I mean, instead of discussing concepts, people begin to
discuss names.
And since for some, even IO () is a "pure" value, I suspect that the
next round will rekindle the discussion on the word "pure"...

Jerzy Karczmarczuk