[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] fficxx : haskell-C++ FFI binding generator

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 08:35:22 CEST 2013

speaking as the principle mentor on the relevant GSOC project (Ian is also
co monetoring, so he can correct me if i'm wrong anywhere)

The QT binding project is a *subproject* of the *gsoc project*  whose
principal focus for the summer is making a swig + fficxx based C++ ffi
wrapper for haskell. the GSOC core project is moving apace, and will likely
be usable by the close of the summer. realistically, the QT bit is  gold
plating / a nontrivial demo use case. Currently its unclear if we'll have
time to get the QT ball rolling, but a lot of the support tooling for that
subproject should be done by the close of the summer!

cheers
-Carter