[Haskell-cafe] ghc-7 -fPIC error

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 15:47:55 CEST 2013

Hello,

please see this thread which I think is about the same issue you are
seeing: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2012-June/102023.html

In short, this is apparently caused by broken GCC. The solution is to
use build.mk with disable optimizations or download from
http://justhub.org/download which packages GHC for RHEL/CentOS/...

GhcLibWays = v
SRC_HC_OPTS        = -H64m -O0 -fasm    # -O -H64m
GhcStage1HcOpts    = -O -fasm
GhcStage2HcOpts    = -O0 -fasm          # -O2 -fasm
GhcLibHcOpts       = -O -fasm           # -O2 -XGenerics
GhcHcOpts          = -Rghc-timing
# GhcLibWays      += p
# GhcLibWays      += dyn
NoFibWays          =
STRIP_CMD          = :

Also cc-ing Chris Dornan of justhub.org.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Skrzętnicki