[Haskell-cafe] text-icu on Windows

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Sun Apr 28 10:22:09 CEST 2013

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 22:56:32 +0200, John MacFarlane <jgm at berkeley.edu>
wrote:

> Hello café:
>
> I'd very much like to get text-icu working on Windows, as then I could
> ship
> pandoc binaries that do proper unicode collation in bibliographies.  But
> I'm
> having a devil of a time.  This may be due to my very limited Windows
> knowledge.  Any help would be appreciated, especially from someone who
> actually
> has text-icu working on Windows.
>
> I was able to cabal install text-icu without errors. I used
> --extra-lib-dirs
> and --extra-include-dirs to point to the lib and include directories in
> the
> 32-bit binary distribution of icu4c.

You don't need to change the .cabal file, if you specify the paths to the
libraries and header files in environment variables, see:
   http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Windows#Tools_for_compilation

If there are DLLs missing, you can find out which, using cygcheck from the
Cygwin project. Note, that you will get problems if you have both MinGW
and Cygwin in your search path; it is best to specify the full path to
cygcheck.exe, or copy cygcheck.exe to some location in the search path.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
http://Van.Tuyl.eu/