[Haskell-cafe] Markdown extension for Haddock as a GSoC project

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Sat Apr 27 23:02:31 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Ben <midfield at gmail.com> wrote:

> asciidoc has been mentioned a few times in comments, i think it's worth
> looking at.

This is the problem I was afraid of: for every markup syntax under the sun,
someone will come along to champion it.

The choice of one or N syntaxes is ultimately up to the discretion of the
student, guided by their mentor. It is in our collective interest to avoid
prolonging a bikeshed discussion on this, as a long inconclusive discussion
risks dissuading any sensible student or mentor from wanting to pursue the
project in the first place.