[Haskell-cafe] Instances for continuation-based FRP

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Thu Apr 25 02:54:33 CEST 2013

Hi Jared,

Oh -- does Elm have a denotational semantics? I haven't heard of one. I
just now skimmed the informal description of the Signal
type<http://elm-lang.org/docs/Signal/Signal.elm>,
and from the reference to "updates" in the description of "merge", it sound
like whatever semantics it might have, it couldn't be function-of-time. I'm
intrigued with your interpretation. I wonder what it could mean for an
event to be a derivative, especially partial one, and for arbitrary types.

-- Conal

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM, earl obscure <theanswertoproblems at gmail.com