[Haskell-cafe] data types with overlapping component names (in one module)?

Anthony Cowley acowley at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 17 00:13:34 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Sturdy, Ian <sturdyi12 at mail.wlu.edu> wrote:
> 'vinyl' uses type-level literal strings and is very slick (although all fields with the same name have the same type)

This is not entirely true, depending on what you mean by "name". The
following is just fine. You only have naming issues if you want to
give @Field::"baz":::Int@ a name, that name is, unsurprisingly, tied
to the field type of Int.

{-# LANGUAGE DataKinds, TypeOperators #-}
import Data.Vinyl

type Foo = '["baz" ::: Int]
type Bar = '["baz" ::: String]

x :: PlainRec Foo