[Haskell-cafe] GSoC proposal: Data Visualization

Ernesto Rodriguez neto at netowork.me
Mon Apr 15 19:41:57 CEST 2013

Dear All,

Data visualization for hMatrix is basically my main objective, but I would
like to be flexible in the following ways:

 * Have generic approach so other data types can be visualized with my
library as long as the necessary instances are present.
 * Define a generic standard to represent values in multiple types of
plots. This way graphics output can be easily extended for more back
ends (gtk, qt, gnuplot).

I am looking for alternatives. I will check GuiTV definitely, but currently
I am considering the possibility of plotting data via javascript  as
suggested by Dough and using Haskell just to generate the values. I am
using ghclive (https://github.com/shapr/ghclive) as fronted since the
project looks nice and might be worth continuing it. Do you think there
would be big objections if I continue working with that project since it
was built for last GSoC?

Best regards,

Ernesto Rodriguez