[Haskell-cafe] Building the Haskell Platform in Linux

Daniel Díaz Casanueva dhelta.diaz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 06:19:25 CEST 2013

Hi cafe!

Probably you all know how to do this, but I myself found confused when
building the Haskell Platform in Linux for my first time. I was using Linux
for my first time too! The first problem I encountered was to decide what
linux packages install to make the ./configure successful in both GHC
binary distribution and the Haskell Platform. So I collected the names of
the minimum set of packages that you need to have installed before starting
with GHC and the Platform in a small blog post:

http://deltadiaz.blogspot.com/2013/04/haskell-platform-from-source-in-linux.html

If I would have to start all over again, forgetting what I have learned so
far, I would fine this list very useful! This thought is what brought me
here to make it public. Who knows, maybe I am saving somebody of some
google searches and trials and errors.

With my best intentions,
Daniel Díaz.

--