[Haskell-cafe] GSoC Project Proposal: Markdown support for Haddock

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Mon Apr 8 11:50:50 CEST 2013

Could you elaborate a bit on which markdown features you support (or
even better: write it into your module haddocks)?

Thinks like
- autolink detection
- ```language blocks?

Also, you build on performance-oriented libraries - it would be cool if
you could make a small benchmark comparing with the standard
C/Python/Ruby parser implementations; AFAIK there is a standard Markdown
test suite that this could run against.

Concerning the project proposal:

I especially find the last feature useful for programming documentation,
and would love to have them in a potential haddock succesor. I was also
pleasantly surprised that pandoc seems to handle all of this (even with
code syntax highlighting).