[Haskell-cafe] llvm-3.0.1.0 installation on Mac

Luke Evans luke at eversosoft.com
Mon Apr 8 06:10:47 CEST 2013

Ah, I see GHC bug #5982, which smells awfully similar.

The bug suggests a fix along the lines of:

install_name_tool /usr/local/lib/ghc-7.4.1/libHSrts-ghc7.4.1.dylib -change
/Users/ian/zz64/ghc-7.4.1/libffi/build/inst/lib/libffi.5.dylib
/usr/local/lib/ghc-7.4.1/libffi.dylib

Presumably this is still an issue in the 7.4.2 build I have installed from Haskell Platform.

Unfortunately, it looks like my cabal build failure occurs in a temporary and very short-lived directory.  So presumably the dodgy FFI gets copied into there from elsewhere.  I wonder if I can find the source...