[Haskell-cafe] code-as-config, run-time checks and error locations

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 20:18:03 CEST 2013

Hi Steffen,

most of the time I'm just using these cpp macros:

#define __POS__    (__FILE__ ++ ":" ++ show __LINE__)
#define ERROR      error $ __POS__ ++ " -> " ++

Instead of writing 'error "blub"' you would write 'ERROR "blub"'
and additionally get the file name and the line.

There's a bracktracing functionality in the more recent versions of
ghc. I think it has been discussed on this mailing list.

Greetings,
Daniel