[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: antiquoter-0.1.0.0

Tillmann Rendel rendel at informatik.uni-marburg.de
Thu Apr 4 19:30:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

L Corbijn wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the release of my first package antiquoter, a
> combinator library for writing quasiquoters and antiquoters. The main
> aim is to simplify their definitions and reduce copy-and-paste programming.

Very interesting. I'm using something similar to your EP class, but
yours looks more refined. See class PatOrExp in
https://github.com/Toxaris/pts/blob/master/src-lib/PTS/QuasiQuote.hs

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the rest of your library, though. Is the
overall design explained somewhere?

And: Your package description says that it is "especially aimed at
making user extensible antiquoters". That sounds very cool. Can you
provide an example for how the antiquoter package supports extensions,
and what kinds of extensions are supported?

   Tillmann