[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: grid-2.0

Amy de Buitléir amy at nualeargais.ie
Wed Sep 19 11:15:22 CEST 2012

I'm happy to announce a new major release of the grid package:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/grid
    https://github.com/mhwombat/grid/wiki (wiki)

WHAT'S NEW:
The GridMap module provides ordered maps from tiles on a grid to values. This
module is a wrapper around Grid and Map, in order to combine the functionality
of grids and maps into a single type. This may be of interest to anyone
developing a game based on a grid.

ABOUT GRID:
Grid provides tools for working with regular arrangements of tiles, such as
might be used in a board game or self-organising map (SOM). Grid currently
supports triangular, square, and hexagonal tiles, with various 2D and toroidal
layouts. If you need a tile shape or layout that isn't currently provided,
please let me know. See Math.Geometry.Grid for an example of how to use the
package. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.