[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] Well-Typed and Skills Matter offer Haskell courses in London in October

Andres Löh andres at well-typed.com
Wed Sep 19 10:41:33 CEST 2012

Hi.

> Oops, I hit send too prematurely, sorry for the seeming bluntness (but it is
> still a blunt message, can't apologize for that I suppose):

No need to apologize. There's a need for informal meetings as much (or
even more) as there is for courses and conferences.

> Perhaps a monthly informal gathering similarly (self-)organised to Dorkbot
> but focussed on Haskell (and other functional languages) is what I'm really
> after, but that still requires some organisation time and a venue, neither
> of which necessarily come cheap :(

There are several informal meetings on Haskell happening throughout
the world. I'm personally not living in the London area, but I
regularly attend the Munich Haskell meeting
(http://www.haskell-munich.de/). Regarding London, I know there's the
Haskell Hoodlums meetup (http://www.meetup.com/hoodlums/), and I think
there is or was a Haskell User Group as well, but it's currently
listed as "not active" on
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/User_groups. Perhaps there's a
chance to bring it back to life?

Cheers,