[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] Fmark markup language

José Lopes jose.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Tue Sep 18 14:04:37 CEST 2012

Hello Richard,

When you say "(for) some people (...) you special syntax is not natural"
that's a good thing. I want these people involved in the project. I want
to understand what they find natural in order to weigh the options and
make a proper decision.

On the README file in the github page you will find a brief explanation
of the markup elements. I need to elaborate you that though because
I feel I explain it too fast.
https://github.com/jabolopes/fmark

Let me answer your questions about sections. The amount of indentation
is not fixed. You can use whatever you want. There is also no nesting limit
in Fmark, however, there is a nesting limit in the Latex backend. For now,
quotations, block quotes, source code embedding, etc, are not implemented.
Those will be added in the future.

About embedding a Fmark document in another document. That seems to
be a very cool feature. I will definitely think about it! Maybe you can come
up with a "natural" way of doing it?

Cheers,
José

--
José António Branquinho de Oliveira Lopes
Instituto Superior Técnico