[Haskell-cafe] Either Monad and Laziness

Eric Velten de Melo ericvmelo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 23:16:23 CEST 2012

On 13 September 2012 20:29, wren ng thornton <wren at freegeek.org> wrote:
> On 9/12/12 5:37 PM, Francesco Mazzoli wrote:
>>
>> At Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:04:31 -0300,
>> Eric Velten de Melo wrote:
>>>
>>> It would be really awesome, though, if it were possible to use a
>>> parser written in Parsec with this, in the spirit of avoiding code
>>> rewriting and enhancing expressivity and abstraction.
>>

>> There is <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/attoparsec-conduit> and
>> <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/attoparsec-enumerator>, which turn
>> attoparsec parsers into enumerators/conduits, and
>> <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/attoparsec-parsec>, which is a
>> compatibility
>> layer between attoaparsec and parsec.  Good luck :).
>

> Not to mention attoparsec-iteratee, for the iteratee minded folks:
>
>     http://hackage.haskell.org/package/attoparsec-iteratee

Hm... I guess I'm spoiled for choice then. :)

But now I'm kinda lost. Is there an easy way to explain the difference between:
-iteratee
-conduit
-enumerator

I'm very curious about everything concerning Haskell and new
interesting abstractions and ways of doing things, but I might not
have the time to delve deeper into that.