[Haskell-cafe] Destructive updates to plain ADTs

AntC anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz
Sun Sep 9 23:52:15 CEST 2012

Milan Straka <fox <at> ucw.cz> writes:

> is there any way to perform a destructive update on a plain ADT?

Hi Milan, perhaps this is a dumb question, but given that you're using a lazy
functional language: why do you want to do destructive updates at all?

Perhaps you'd be better off using an imperative/object-oriented language?

If you're trying to create a static data structure, perhaps the credit card
transform is the approach to use?

> ... I would like just to run some benchmarks and see the results.

Running benchmarks for destructive updates in Haskell seems a waste of time(?)

AntC