[Haskell-cafe] Monospace code in Haddock

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Wed Sep 5 22:11:47 CEST 2012

When you write:

-- | This function returns the string @hello@

and you have a function called hello in scope, haddock will hyperlink
the the above hello to that function, which is confusing if your
monospace string has actually nothing to do with that function.

In other words: Haddock always links to your functions in inline
monospaced text, and you can't turn that off.

-- | Gives you @\<span\>hello\</span\>@

will therefore link to functions 'span' and 'hello' if they exist.