[Haskell-cafe] hstats median algorithm

Gershom Bazerman gershomb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 03:17:06 CEST 2012

In my experience, doing much better than the naive algorithm for median
is surprisingly hard, and involves a choice from a range of trade-offs.
Did you have a particular better algorithm in mind?

If you did, you could write it, and contact the package author with a patch.

You also may be able to find something of use in Edward Kmett's
order-statistics package:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/order-statistics

Cheers,
Gershom