[Haskell-cafe] Is there a tool for automatic update of other-extensions and other-modules sections in a .cabal file?

Tsuyoshi Ito tsuyoshi.ito.2006 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 01:08:03 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have a *.cabal file which contains a package description for several
executables (which share some of the source files).  Is there a tool
which updates other-extensions section and other-modules section in
the .cabal file automatically to synchronize them to the source files?
If it matters, I am using Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0 on Windows.

(I am aware that neither “cabal configure” nor “cabal build” requires
these sections, and therefore it is not strictly necessary to update
them during development of a program.  But when I use a version
control system such as Git, I find it ugly to store a .cabal file
which is not synchronized to the latest source files… this is the
primary reason why I would like such a tool.)

Best regards,
  Tsuyoshi