[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: network-house

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Tue Oct 30 22:23:16 CET 2012

In absence of a library that easily parses network packages from
recorded raw data (not sockets), I have taken the network stack from the
House project and put it into a separate package, network-house.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/network-house

This library allows you to parse Ethernet, TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, ICMP,
DHCP and TFTP packages from raw data (e.g. recorded traffic).

I have left the source code almost unmodified (apart from the relocation
of one module and a few necessary LANGUAGE pragmas).

As House development itself seems dormant, I invite you to collaborate
on the network stack on https://github.com/nh2/network-house.

If you would like to contribute, these are the things it definitely needs:

* A ByteString interface (it currently works on UArrays).
  If you know what the most performant way is to convert a UArray to a
ByteString, please let me know.
* Some examples how to use it
* Haddock documentation and code cleanup
* Somebody should ask the original authors if they would like to relax
the license from GPL to BSD.

Cheers
Niklas