[Haskell-cafe] Optimal line length for haskell

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Tue Oct 30 11:58:09 CET 2012

Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> wrote:

>I wonder if people who like one giant window maybe don't use the REPL?
> I keep 3 windows open: one with the editor, one with ghci, and one
>with a shell.
[...]
>I've tried with >3 terminals but I can never figure out what to do
>with the extra ones.

Besides your two shells, I tend to have a documentation browser should I be using a library I'm not familiar with, and (once the project gets large enough)  a second editor window for files with code that might interact with the code I'm working on.

Of course, in an IDE (I use emacs), all of these things tend to be available as panes in one window.
--
Sent from my Android tablet with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my swyping.