[Haskell-cafe] Teaching Haskell @ MOOCs like Coursera or Udacity

niket niketkumar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 05:41:35 CET 2012

Hi Kris,

You have highlighted a very important point by talking about real life
projects and the way they differ from "core" haskell.

When I got inspired by Martin Odersky's Coursera Scala course and wished
the same for Haskell, I meant the following:

1. Great and in depth set of exercises and feedback/evaluation platform.
2. Real life haskell extensions and relevant exercises.
3. Structured and organized course. The current list of things on wiki is
wonderful but are they helping newcomers? Frankly speaking, it didn't help
me. How can we stop putting newcomers like me on crossroads of haskell
learning?

Thanks,
Niket

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Kristopher Micinski <krismicinski at gmail.com